1) Alan's Challenge
2) Yurko Update, April 2001
3) Yurko Update, May, 2001
4) Yurko Update, August 2001
5) Yurko Update, November 2001
6) Yurko Update, Dec/Jan 2002
7) Yurko Update, Feb/Mar 2002
8) Yurko Update, Appeal Filed -Now What?
9) Yurko Update, June/July 2002
10) Yurko Update, August/September 2002
11) Yurko Update, March 2003
1) Alan's Challenge
Letter to all of you from Alan Yurko
Yurko sent me this and asked me to type this up and send it out all over the
PLANET. If you don't know the Yurko family's story, please read it first BEFORE
you read this letter:
Did Baby Alan Die of Shaken Baby Syndrome?
read this carefully and take it to heart and become involved ANY WAY you can
- it could be you or your family or your baby. We are all one family after all!
-- Sheri Nakken, RN, MA
(sorry if there are typos as I was trying to type fast to get this out)
Please write to Alan!
Alan R. Yurko X13917 (the numbers should follow the name)
Century Correctional Institution
400 Tedder Road
Century, Florida 32535
email FRANSWRLD@aol.com (there's no "O" in world)
home (407) 578-1841
fax (407) 291-4344
I just received your email today, as they say here in the big house "Good Lookin Out". Thank you for adding my wife and I to the e-lists. That helps! I hope to establish a solid and steady contact with you. It seems that your name is very active in the battle. It seems also that I see some of the same names over and over. (Alan lists 10 names)
Yes, it makes me wonder if these names and maybe 10 other names are the entire population of vaccine awareness activists? I know there are thousands of people out there who should be actively putting their foot up the arse of the vaccine juggernaut. How do I know? Because sitting next to me are enough VAERS reports to build a Macy's Thanksgiving float! Every parent and every member of every family whose children have been murdered or maimed by compulsory poisons should be at arms.
900 million dollars awarded from the NVICP! How much of that money is given
back to help our groups? And what about the families who are denied any financial
recompense because the reaction happened past 72 hours. We all know the latent
period is a joke! Anyone who wants to debate this, I'll gladly shove about 85
orthodox published studies from 1924 till present up their nose, and they better
bring more evidence than Cherry, Baraff & Menkes because these studies don't
hold water. Dr. Mark Geier won't even challenge it! (Dr. Mark Geier, a proponent
of the 3-day latent period (DPT) is unable to defend his position with mine.
He has bowed out of our discourse on the subject).
Do I sound angry? You bet your sweet bippie I am! Our children are being devoluted and malformed. The medical community, pharmanazis and our government are playing the lottery with our offspring. I know people have to live and bills are high, but c'mon people! There's more than just (Alan lists names, that I won't list here) out there! Maybe I'm not seeing something? However....
Your challenges. I accept challenge number 1. Shaken Baby Judgements and sentences may be vaccine damages. As I pondered your email, I thought, "What the hell can these people do for them anyway?" The answer is, unfortunately, 'not much'. Then bells rang in my head! ME! I know the laws vividly. I have 100+ references, scores of case law, I've researched the juxtapositions. I know things that most lawyers don't as far as defensive strategies. I've lived it every day for three years. I have an armada of legal contacts. I know the medical literature better than I know my own name. I have 100's of references, studies, and rebuttals. I know the researchers. I correspond with scores of experts worldwide. I know the neuroscience, clinical presentations, QER ratings, current trends, prosecutorial guidelines, fatal mechanisms, microbiologies, immunologies, neuropathologies, forensics, chemical profiles. I know the many differential diagnoses NOT given in the literature. I'm a walking SBS defense, medico-legal database! Who better to help out?
what I can do:
As people notify you of possible SBS cases that seem to fit a possible scenario of innocence, forward my name and contact info. If lawyers, or families want some help from the voice of experience which has been forced upon me, I will do this. I cannot offer advice but I can let them know what I would do, and give possible resources. I can direct them to studies and case laws that may apply. I can help them find the right experts and share my experience with them. I'm not interested in helping actual abusers, but I can open some eyes and point to some invaluable resources.
Here are some questions: Why all of a sudden in the last 25-30 years are parents shaking their babies? Caffey didn't report on the whiplash shaken syndrome until 1974. Through the decades upon decades of human history, why all of a sudden in the last 30 years, has SBS been even hinted at? Could increased friability and fragility of the vascular system play a part? Yes, this is pure speculation, but for those of you who understand the effects of endotoxins on the vascular & microvascular systems, you know exactly what I'm saying.
Of course these questions are completely rhetorical. I only state them for stimulation. I guess I'm writing this in hopes you will put it thru the elists. Being a paralegal with a pre-med background has, as you've said Sheri, puts me in a prime position to do battle. It doesn't make me any better or any more informed than other credentialed experts, but it does give me one helluvan edge. I cannot give medical or legal advice, but I can give my opinion. I don't claim to know everything. There are areas I'm still green in. Such as, the effects of mineral corticoids on neovascularization and the antioxidant/free radical exchange effects in traumatic brain injury. But every day I learn a little more. I find out who the enemies and allies and neutrals are.
I am not an expert, nor claim to be, but what can really be done by our vax groups to help people? Most of us know about vax dangers, but do you know how they relate and correlate to SBS? The subject is obscure. The science is in its infancy and there is only a handful of neonatologists or pediatric pathologists in the country and world who have much experience with it. I've been forced to research it, and that I do, 12-16 hrs a day, 24-7-365. Frankly, if my tragedy never happened, or I was acquitted, I'd probably be blissfully ignorant and shaking our pediatrician's hand as he vaccinated my children, and encouraging my wife to get a flu shot with firm belief in the medical mafia and lies of Louis Pasteur.
thought about including a list of lawyers and doctors to start an SBS defense
database. I have some reservations about putting my contacts and doctors on
this list. Not out of selfishness, but because, you must
understand, each case has different issues and some issues are supported by some and not supported by others. For example, Dr. Mark Geier doesn't support the post 72 hour period. A case where its an 11-13 day reaction would be shot down by him, and possibly be adverse in itself. Many doctors have ties to the parmanazis and to prosecutors. One has to know which expert to consult for each issue.
I've contacted 1,000's of hospitals, medical schools and private experts. My trial and error has had some of these things work against me. Here, my knowledge is invaluable. There are dangers in people randomly contacting lawyers and experts. Also, most, if not all of these people charge substantial sums. Some more than others. However, there are many whom will do things pro bono. Putting these people on a list would desensitize their good nature if they were contacted by repeated persons. Not everyone is innocent. I venture to say 15-20%.
What I'm finding out as I correspond with lawyers and doctors from America to New Zealand is that there is one linear facet that is essential in winning an SBS case. Every single time I hear about a lost case, it's blamed on one common thing. Lack of records. One must get the entire maternal, prenatal, pediatric, terminal admission, antemortem and postmortem records. Exclusion of any one of these is fatal to the case. Prenatal, perinatal and terminal blood and chemical profiles as well as clinical presentations must be painstakingly compared by a methodical expert. Arguments on diffuse-axonal injury, retinal hemorrhages, long-bone fractures, ICH (intracranial hemorrhage) dating, differential diagnosis, CT/MRI interpretations & EXTENSIVE histories must be given by all caretakers no matter how partial their role in the child's life was.
Case laws for each state must be considered since they vary (ie. only 14 states consider the record preserved outside of contemporaneous objection in lieu of a motion/order in limine). One expert is NOT enough. It's a numbers case. The state will have the ME (medical examiner), a neuropathologist, radiologist, pediatrician and child abuse expert as well as possibly an ophthalmologist, perinatologist or neonatologist. Don't be naive to think that since your one expert who has 220 published articles, dual professorships at a major university, a fellow in the Royal Society of Medicine, several certifications and awards as well as being revered by the medical community, among other things, is gonna be able to win against 4 or 5 local physicians (See State of Florida vs. Alan Yurko). Don't think because you're innocent that justice will reign, or that the truth will set you free. Don't think doctors won't lie. It's a game to them. A very profitable game. $400-600 an hour is not uncommon.
The doctors make way more than the lawyers. Don't trust your lawyer. You should breathe down his neck. He's not the boss, you are. Commit to memory the rules governing your State Bar's conduct for lawyers and let your lawyer know you will file a complaint at the slightest infraction. Once you read those rules you will see that you really are the boss. I could go on for days about that one. The dating issue is integral. Prosecutors fear this. Dating the ICH (intracranial hemorrhage) is the difference between acquittal and conviction in many cases. You must know what the literature says about ante- & post-mortem dating of SH (subdural hematoma), SAH (subarachnoid hematoma), and all ICH (intracranial hemorrhage).
Most times the ME (medical examiner) will lie - you must be able to catch him on this. As a defense, you must take the offensive. You must destroy the state's credibility. That's what they're gonna do to you. Another fact is that the state has UNLIMITED funds. They can hire whoever they want and you can bet your marbles they'll say whatever the state wants at $500 per hour. It's a buddy system. "You help me win this case and I got this other one that I can guarantee 15 or 20 hours billable....". Its money, honey. Capitalism! America, the best justice money can buy!
I know this is lengthy, but I hope you consider printing this and sending it out on the elists. It can then be passed along to families or lawyers, or whoever. Feel free to edit this how you deem fit. I believe my opinion and experience can be shared, and benefited from. I cannot give legal or medical advice. I can only state my opinions, my experiences, my accomplishments, etc. I can recommend certain experts, cite studies and case laws and let you know who is who in the medico-legal field. I have contact info for well over 2,000 doctors, lawyers and researchers in the vaccine, SBS, TBI, Child Abuse and legal arenas. Please consider me part of your task force. Please post my prison address also (see at top of email).
credibility purposes, let me say that at present, I have nine experts who voice
my innocence. My own appeals are still underway. I plan on using the next 12
- 18 months to solidify my case and await the review completion of 34 additional
researchers/experts. Yes, 34 and growing. The wheels turn slow. I cannot afford
a lawyer. Who the hell can? I advise those of you who are sitting in jail cells,
trusting your public pretenders, to get your butts in the law library. Learn
how to work the reports and journals. Start with these cases: Sheppardize the
US v: Gaskell case with your local law reporters; learn how to use the digests
and annotated tomes. Become a law clerk.
US v. Gaskell 985F.2d 1056 (11th cir. 1993)
Dixon vs State 691 So. 2d 515
Smith v. State 700 So.2d 446
New Jersey v. P.Z. 703A.2d 901
Lastly, let me say that each case is different. A good lawyer who is experienced and aggressive as well as well versed in the medical sciences is optimal. There are those who believe the term "good-lawyer" is oxymoronic. I agree, for the most part, yet there are such people. For a long time I associated these people with unicorns, gryphons and other fabled creatures of lore. You must search for them as if they were the Holy Grail. If you can afford, one, you may come out of it okay. If not, God help you. Be very afraid...and then channel that fear into productivity. as a charged or convicted "baby-killer", you will be harassed by guards and inmates. I've had feces, urine, spit and even sour milk thrown on me and all my property. If you can, avoid all physical confrontations and fights at all costs. It will be used against you to show what a violent monster you are.
any families of those accused...if your family member is innocent, you must
do everything to help. Without you, all hope is lost. If you are guilty....God
No matter what,
Allan R. Yurko & family
2) Update of Yurko Case: April 3, 2001
My wife and I want to thank everyone who is helping us to make a stand and are relentlessly pursuing the truth. Vaccines damage and even kill. Proven fact.
As an update to everyone I want to let people know that we have several lawyers now interested in the case. We plan to file for leave to appeal late this year or early next year. I will be very prudent in my choice of counsel. If not satisfied, I will file the appeal myself. I don't think that we'll face that, as two of the lawyers are pretty "big-guns" as the saying goes.
On the medico-legal front, we now have 119 doctors, physicians, scientists, experts, professors, authors, scholars and professionals as well as 57 organizations worldwide supporting our endeavors. We plan to make an impact. We want to shout from the highest mountain. I have been slowly lifting our self-imposed media veil (I can hear some of you saying "about time!") and several important projects are in the works. Forensically, very serious evidence has come to light, which many believe will not only show our boy was killed by vaccines but will send a shock wave through the medical community and forensic circles. I can't discuss it over the net as we have some spies (Hello spies, you cannot win- you cannot stop the truth forever) but drop me some snailmail and I'll tell you about it. Several Orthodox experts are at arms over these new findings.
I also want to share with you some data that you may find startling. This is my own search and I cannot claim any impressive credentials, but I have spent the past years researching forensics, iatrogenicity and "vaccinology". The following data comes from five cases where Shaken Baby Syndrome was alleged and vaccines were suspected as the culprit. I was able to obtain the VAERS Master List for DTP, DTaP, DTPH, and DT which gives a great deal of data on thousands upon thousands upon thousands of reactions associated with vaccines and reported to VAERS.
Pro-vaccinators discount VAERS because anyone can report a reaction. However, over 90 percent of reactions reported are by doctors. Also, keep in mind that the FDA states that less than 10 percent of actual incidents/reactions are reported. As well, the MSAEFI handled reports of reactions before VAERS and was a branch of the CDC. They define a "hot-lot" as a lot that has: 10 or more reports; and or 2 reports of seizures; and or 2 reports of death. The following shows how the first five cases like my own and including my own (Case No. 1) that I've been able to collect lot numbers and correlate with the VAERS data:
Vax- DTaP, Lot #- 7H81507, Manufacturer- Connaught, VAERS HotLot Rank- 1st DTaP, Geography (3)-Florida
Vax- DTaP, Lot #- 462 (1), Manufacturer- Lederle, VAERS HotLot Rank- 2nd DTaP, Geography (3)- Utah
Vax- DTaP, Lot #- 462, Manufacturer- Lederle, VAERS HotLot Rank- 2nd DTaP,
Geography (3)- California
Vax- DTaP, Lot #- 462, Manufacturer- Lederle, VAERS HotLot Rank- 2nd DTaP,
Geography (3)- Iowa
Vax- DTaP, Lot #- 429, Manufacturer- Lederle, VAERS HotLot Rank- 1st DTPH (2), Geography (3)- New Jersey
(1) Lederle, according to FDA, CDC, VAERS and NVIC, classify their lots by the first three digits. The last three are irrelevant fill numbers. Therefore all Lederle lots with the same three digit prefix, come from the same batch/bulk of vaccine.
(2) DTPH (Tetraimmune-TM) 429 Lederle is not only the hottest-most-lethal lot of DTPH (VAERS 1990-1999) it is the granddaddy hot lot for all vaccines with a whopping 518 events, 292 E/R visits and 17 yes, 17 deaths. (and never recalled)
(3) After the 1979 Tennessee incident where numerous babies suffered or died in association with a hot lot, manufacturers wised-up and stopped distributing lots in a geographical specific manner. They now disburse the lots all over the country to avoid clusterings of reactions and public notice/outcry.
You'll notice that three of the cases are the same lot, all lots associated are either first or second ranked and even an appearance by DTPH 429. I'll let you draw your own conclusions but want to encourage all to send me their lot numbers for DTP, DTaP, DTPH or DT vaccines. I am also compiling a data set for suspected vaccine damage where abuse or SBS is not a factor. I will send back a full analysis with photocopy excerpts from the VAERS list. Please contact me if you are curious about your lots.
My wife and I are floored by all of the support from everyone. We will never give up and we will make a difference. We are getting stronger and stronger every day. We will not back down. This is and will be a vaccine case and we will not sidestep the issue. Please help us to keep spreading the word and raising awareness.
To those of you with doubts, I understand. It took me almost a year of research to come to terms with this vaccine holocaust. I encourage you to contact me personally and to research yourself. All the proof you need is easily found in hundreds of scientific articles spanning over 100 years. Vaccines are killing and devoluting the human race and our animals as well.
3) Update of Yurko Case: May 31, 2001
everyone, there is much to tell. Those of you not familiar with our case, you
may want to visit our Website www.freeyurko.bizland.com before reading further.
Things are progressing well. Last year, we turned down CBS/48 hours, ABC News
and others, however, we have lifted are self-imposed media-veil and believe
it is time to "let it all hang out". We ask those of you with media
contacts or ideas to help us network. Our position is strong
and years of efforts by over 120 doctors, physicians, practitioners, authors, scientists, healers, parents, professors and professionals as well as nearly 60 organizations on four continents have put us in a stronger light. We are grateful. Here are some mentionables goings on:
We are currently gaining access to even more VAERS data. Per our last update,
we have now 11 cases of similarity to ours that have hot-lots of considerable
note. Those of you whom would like us to check your lot numbers, we will do
so. Remember that VAERS data at first blush may not reveal the true status.
There are several twists and turns set forth by
pharmaceutical companies which could make tracking rather elusive. I have found several lots that were hot for people, when they had checked on their own and had come up with nothing. Contact asked for more details.
• We ask that everyone visit our website and sign our online guest book. Also, you may want to periodically check the site for new postings. Alan's article on the story of Raggedy Anne and new pictures to include Francine wearing our Free Yurko T-shirt to one of our visits will be added soon -- talk about on the scene footage!
Long Island Vaccination Information Networking Group (L.I.V.I.N.G.) Anne
Attivissimo, President LIVING2693@aol.com, Jonathan Geffner firstname.lastname@example.org w/ Geffner Productions Inc. web site: www.geffner.com and Janice Buckner email@example.com web site: www.home.att.net/~janicekidmusic, all out of New York are organizing a fund-raiser event for our defense fund and vaccine awareness. The general date has been set for February 9-10, 2002 (register by Feb.1) so mark your calendars.
It was decided that this will be advertised only among like-minded people, i.e. through anti-vax mailing lists and email lists, alternative medicine resources, chiropractic newsletters, and flyers distributed in chiropractic offices and health food stores. L.I.V.I.N.G. had concerns that if it is advertised to the general public, we will all be attacked by the local medical establishments, which are very powerful, and it may scare even sympathetic people away from coming. The goal for this fundraiser to be effective is to have positive attention and widespread attendance. Anyone in New York or surrounding states willing to help out or interested please contact us. We are exploring possible venues and will need help with spreading the word.
Dr. Buttram's article "Shaken Baby Syndrome or Vaccine Induced Encephalitis"
has passed peer review and is due for publication this fall in The Journal of
the American Association of Physicians and Surgeons (Medical Sentinel). The
article is a blockbuster piece of science, which has over 100 references and
describes "Yurko Syndrome" in detail. Dr. Buttram has spent thousands
of hours of research, consultation of experts and review in the making of this
• Medical journalist Michael Culbert, DSc., Ph.D., editor of the National Health Federation's Health Freedom News and founder of the International Council for Health Freedom is doing and expose in both HFN and ICHF publications on the case, due out this summer.
• Professor C. Alan B. Clemetson, M.D., emeritus Tulane University has drafted his report and review on our case. He has put it in article form as well and is submitting it to journals. Professor Clemetson is so moved by our plight, that he has offered to testify on our behalf, free of charge and even pay his own travel expenses. He is one of many.
• Francine and our daughter will be in the United Kingdom from Aug. 7th until the 22nd, 2001. For our UK friends, if you'd like to spend a weekend in an old Scottish mansion, our host Catherine O'Driscoll, president of the Canine Health Concern whose 1500 member group also sponsors our European Defense Fund, has opened her estate to all who would come. The weekend of the August 11th is the projected date but not limited to. An informal quasi-retreat for those in the UK, with impromptu presentations and activities planned, will allow our friends and others to converge and "hang out together". Catherine's estate, I believe, will accommodate 30 people, but she has stated that she'll hold a marquis on the lawns if she has to. The cost is free. Please contact Catherine at CODriscll@aol.com if interested.
• Francine was recently interviewed this past Sunday, May 20th 2001 (2:30-3:30p.m. EST) by WGNU-AM's (920 on the a.m. dial) radio host Regina Ruiz out of St. Louis MO. Regina's show is called "Talk to Me" and is also broadcast on the Internet at www.wgnu.net. The topic was in reference our story and the vaccine issue.
• Groundwork has been laid with Armac Films LTD. for film documentary of the case. We will receive no monies from this venture and neither will our defense funds. It is proposed as an awareness raiser.
• Several have inquired about purchasing "Free Alan Yurko / Vaccination: Don't Be A Victim", T-shirts from countries outside of the United States. We believe that any bank will convert your currency to USD. PAVE (People Advocating Vaccine Education) who developed and sell the shirts for $12 USD and $15 USD for countries outside the U.S. can be queried at WeRPAVE@yahoo.com. The shirts are more of an awareness raiser than a fund-raiser. When all shirts are sold, only a minimal amount of dollars will have been made and donated to the ICA Hero Fund. The shirts have proven to be an effective awareness raiser as reports of small impromptu immunization conversations have erupted in grocery stores, restaurants, doctors offices and even the checkout line at Wal-Mart. Way cool!
Momentum is gaining and we pray that everyone helps us keep the pace. Francine is exploring a legislative push in the exemption of privacy issues in Florida at the prompting of leaders in other US states. Anyone interested in such an endeavor, again, please contact us. Our family was totally destroyed a few years ago. Thanks to the love and support of all of you, we now stand tall and plan to make a difference. To say we are grateful and indebted is an understatement. May God give you all the help and happiness that nature intended. Please circulate to others.
4) Yurko Update, August 2001
Hello everyone, much to tell. We presently have close to 150 doctors, scientists and experts as well as 70 organizations on four continents that stand behind us. Here are some mentionable events since our last update.
* Mothering magazine No. 107 July/August printed Francine's, Dr. Buttram's, Maureen Hickman's, Anonymous' and Jane M. Orient, MD's letters in regard to our case on pages 14 and 16 under the heading SUPPORT FOR YURKO in their letters section. We ask everyone to please send letters of support and your opinions. Let them know how much their magazine means to you. Mothering magazine P.O. Box 1690 Santa Fe, NM 87504 USA.
* Common Cause Medical Research Foundation, The Eagle Foundation, The Gerson Institute, The International Center For Reiki, and several other organizations have vowed open support. The Eagle Foundation plans to help us rally others and CCMRF highlighted us at their August 17, 18 and 19, 2001 conference in Winnipeg. Our hats are off to you all.
* At the
same time in the United Kingdom, several other top activists, families, doctors
and concerned persons had converged in the Scottish Highlands at the estate
of Catherine O'Driscoll for a weekend summit to address different health issues
and future goals. Presentations were given by Magda Taylor of TIP, Joanna Karpasea-Jones
of VAN-NVIC-UK, Michael Nield of CCMRF, Francine Yurko for the Yurko Project
and several others. The purpose of this summit was to promote unity and ties
in the vast array of health issues at hand as well as to share data and just
plain relax. Many a thanks to all the notable and respected authorities there.
Francine said, "It was wonderful to finally put a personal face to all
the familiar names we've worked with in the UK for so long"! And a warm
thank you to Catherine and John Watt who made this all possible and were most
gracious hosts to Francine and our daughter who stayed with them
from 7 August to 23 August. Cheers!
* The National Health Federations Health Freedom News gave us front cover color footage and positive press in their 2001 July-Sept. 20;(3): 7-11, 30, 43 release. Thank you NHF for all your tireless efforts.
* The Journal of Degenerative Diseases dedicated their 2001 July 3(1) issue to our son and family and has included me in their Executive List as Director of Iatrogenic Concerns. Thank you JODD for your driving force.
* The International Council for Health Freedom Magazine gave us front cover and major coverage in their latest issue as well. Veteran Medical Journalist, Michael Culbert, Ph.D, D.Sc. did an expert job.
was invited to talk on two nationally syndicated radio shows: The Power Hour
powerhouse Capt. Joyce Riley and Dave VonKleist, as well as the Riley Report with Joyce Riley herself. The Power Hour program can be accessed via internet at http://www.thepowerhour.com and located in the archives. Francine has been invited back to give a follow-up on our plight as it unfolds. Talk about great people.
* We'd like to send a special thanks out to Drs Dick Versandaal and Corey Cameron-Cooper who held their CRA conference in Orlando and invited Francine to speak. We appreciate all your support and the introduction to Contact Reflex Analysis. Just knowing these people make you feel good.
L.I.V.I.N.G. and Anne Attivissimo (president) on behalf of the YURKO PROJECT presents A VACCINE AWARENESS SEMINAR / FUNDRAISER tentatively scheduled for February 16-17, 2002 (register by February 1) in Northport, New York. This is an indoor event. Awareness is the greatest prevention against vaccine injuries and deaths. Are our children being exposed to unnecessary risks? Join us in our pursuit to raise vaccine awareness and funds for better scientific studies, autism research and legal defense.
night Saturday Feb. 16th at 7pm will consist of 4 speakers:
Harold Buttram MD, FAAEM and F. Edward Yazbak, MD, FAAP - SBS or Vaccine Damage?
Susan Kreider RN, CPC - Vaccine Damage
Raymond Gallup - Autism and MMR Vaccine
Francine Yurko - "What happened to Baby Alan?"
On Sunday the 17th starting at 3pm will be a FAMILY FUNDRAISER CONCERT EVENT:
- Performing Artist and Songwriter of Children's Songs for Learning and Fun
Jonathan Geffner and Friends - A renowned ventriloquist with an enchanting cast of puppets
Vivian McCoy - Awesome Face Painting fun for everyone!
REGISTRATION MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN FEBRUARY 1, 2002
TO L.I.V.I.N.G., P.O. BOX 432, CENTERPORT NY 11721
FOR FURTHER INFO CALL (631) 757-2693
16 7PM $20 PER PERSON; FEBRUARY 10 3PM ADULT $10 CHILD $5
NUMBER OF TICKETS REQUIRED:____________ NUMBER OF TICKETS REQUIRED:________ /_______
TOTAL $ ENCLOSED:_______________
(General admission at the door $25 per person Saturday and $15 adult / $5 child Sunday)
There will be book raffles with books by some of your favorite authors. T-shirts for the cause sporting FREE ALAN YURKO will be available for $12. Discovery Toys will be there too and much more. Can't wait to see you there! --Francine Yurko.
As things are heating up we may send more speedy updates along! There is much more coming down the pike and please know that we are grateful to all, especially those behind the scenes (you know who you are). We shall continue to help make a difference.
Alan R. Yurko, CPCC, Sc.
Family & Supporters
5) Yurko Update, November 2001
Hello again everyone, we have some good news to report. We periodically send out updates to those following our case. You may want to see our website for prior updates at www. freeyurko.bizland.com. Many thanks to our webmasters who've created and maintained an awesome website that receives thousands of hits every month.
* We have gained an appeal lawyer! Loren D. Rhoton of Tampa, FL is a postconviction specialist that deals with Florida criminal appellate matters almost exclusively. He writes a monthly column in Florida Prison Legal Perspectives titled Postconviction Corner. He has compassionately given us the ability to pay his retainer in an installment type fashion. We'd like to thank the dozens of experts and supporters that have contacted him to express support. We are very proud and fortunate to have his professional services.
* Francine was honoured to speak alongside Australian National Hero and famed physician/expert, Archivides Kalokerinos, MB.BS. in Colorado Springs at the International Chiropractors Association Council on Pediatrics Conference this past November 8-11th. Dr Kalokerinos is truly a wonderfully brilliant man. We thank him for sharing his endless knowledge and experience with us all. And very special thanks to our most gracious hosts of the conference, Molly Rangnath and Maxine McMullen who made it all magically happen.
* Dr Buttram and Francine were interviewed by syndicated talk show host Anthony Cichoke, DC, Ph.D., DACBN aka Dr Enzyme on the American Freedom Network (also via computer at americanewsnet.com) and with Francine having repeat appearances. She is scheduled for a third visit after Dr Cichoke's return from touring in November. Catch Dr Cichoke on the air 5 days a week as he has some extremely powerful information to hear.
* Our supporters in the United Kingdom spearheaded by Vaccination Awareness Network-National Vaccine Information Center (VAN-UK-NVIC), Common Cause Medical Research Foundation (CCMRF-UK) and the Informed Parent (TIP) have been spreading the word and garnering support with colour leaflets and are holding a raffle to aid our defence fund. (tickets are 50 pence apiece) See www.van.org.uk. As well they have attracted the attention of a major radio broadcaster and an interview is planned -Fantastic!
* We've had several inquiries to know where some publications on our story can be found. For those interested, below is a partial compendium of medical/health related publications that have featured our case:
of Neonatology-Perinatology 2000:13(1); 6 &66
The Journal of Degenerative Diseases 2001:3(1) entire issue devoted to our case
The Journal of the American Assn. Of Physicians and Surgeons 2001:6(3); 82-90
The Journal of the International Council for Health Freedom 2001:5(2); 5-9
The Journal of the Australian Vaccination Network 2000: 6(3); 46-54. et al
Health Freedom News 2001:20(3); 7-30
Mothering Magazine 2001:105 & 107: 14-16
The Idaho Observer (February) 2001:8-9, et al
Synapse 2001:4(4); 2-8, et al
The Townsend Letter For Doctors And Patients 2001:Sept/Oct; pg 101
Nexus Magazine 2000:7(6) 33-37, 72,73
CTVIA Newsletter 2001:2(1) 2 & 6
VRAN Newsletter 2000: Apr/June pg 30-37, et al
Waves 2001:13(1); 18-26
Pave Fact 2000:4(5);6, 2001:5(1)7, et al
LeCourrier D'Association Liberte Information Sante 2000:30; 25-28
Vaclib Letter 2001:2(4)2, et al
SHOTS The Vaccination Newsletter 2001:20;2 et al
The Informed Parent 2001:3;14 et al
Before we go for now we want to ask if there's anyone out there willing to help us with data entry, transcription or envelope stuffing? If so drop us an email please. And last but not least as many have inquired, we will be filing for appeal before March 2002. Thank you to everyone. Stay tuned for more to come.
Alan R. Yurko & Family
6) Yurko Update, Dec/Jan 2002
Happy New Year! Bonne Annee! Gelukkig Nieuwjaar!
As we get closer to the filing of the appellate briefs in March and the seminar/fundraiser in NY in February we will have much to report. If this is your first Yurko Update, you can view previous ones on our website www.freeyurko.bizland.com under 'Letters from Alan'.
2001 was an excellent year with Francine all over the radio and numerous speaking engagements. We sent out over 20,000 emails and received approximately 5000. I sent out 7,573 letters and received 1,824. We generated approximately 26,948 photocopies. We survived a computer crash, several viruses and navigated through several storms and bumps in the road. We also raised enough money to pay our lawyer's retainer. We thank all of you.
This year is shaping up rather swell, folks! I'll cut to the chase:
Our seminar fundraiser in NY, sponsored by Long Island Vaccination Information Networking Group will be held on Saturday and Sunday the 16th and 17th of February at 7pm and 3pm respectively. The first day will feature speakers such as Harold Buttram, MD, FAAEM and F. Edward Yazbak, MD, FAAP, Raymond Gallup of the Autism Autoimmunity Project, Susan Kreider, RN, CPC and Francine Yurko of the Yurko Project. Topics will include Shaken Baby Syndrome, Vaccine induced Encephalitis, the Autism Epidemic and the MMR Vaccine, Thimerosal and Vaccine Damage and the Story of Baby Alan. A separate detailed flier will follow. For details contact Anne Attivissimo of L.I.V.I.N.G, at LIVING2693@aol.com Please please please spread the word.
The second day will be a family day with live music by Janice Buckner and an amazing presentation by Johnathan Geffner of Geffner Productions, along with raffles, discovery toys, face painting and big time fun. Dozens of your favourite authors around the world have donated signed copies of their books for the raffle! Those of you in travelling distance of the New York/Long Island area have a chance to meet some of the best people in the vaccine awareness movement. Be there or be square! (No folks, I won't be there. For some reason I wasn't invited? - Alan).
favourable court opinions have been handed down in SBS cases: Basuta v. State
www.courtinfo.ca/gov/opinions/documents/D034429.PDF and Martinez v. State 2001 WL 1630083 (Colo. App) (Westlaw Citation).
On 16 January 2002, Joanna Karpasea-Jones, Director of the United Kingdom's Vaccine Awareness Network - National Vaccination Information Centre, arrived in Orlando, Florida (Yurko Project Headquarters) where she'll be a guest of our family for the next 3 months. She'll be helping out Francine and the Yurko Project as well as embarking on the beginnings of VAN International. We intend to promote unity amongst world vaccine awareness groups. More will be coming down the pipeline on this. We ask all Canadian and American activists to extend her a welcome to North America. Her email is firstname.lastname@example.org Welcome Joanna.
Archivides Kalokerinos, MB.BS, Greek-Australian physician of The Century and Australian National Hero, has completed his report on our case. It is 78 pages long and he's been working on it for 2 years. It will be posted on the website soon and explains the technical aspects and science in great detail. It is an epic report, valuable to all seeking the science in many vaccine damage cases.
Catherine Diodati, MA, has completed her report on our case as well and she is by far the world's expert (in my and many other's opinions) on the ethics of mandatory/mass/routine vaccinations. This will be posted on the website soon.
Professor C. Alan B. Clemetson, MD (emeritus), Tulane University School of Medicine, has published his opinion on our case in the Townsend Letter for Doctors and Patients - Jan 2002 pp.112-113. Dr. Clemetson is one of the most tenured men of medicine in the world.
Cary T.T Ooi, MB, BS, GCAE, JP, DipHealthLaw, has agreed to testify on our behalf concerning the role of medically mismanaged jaundice in babies (which is on the rise). Dr. Ooi is well published in his field and winner of a national award for his work in Child Abuse Prevention. He also heads an expert witness organisation.
Yurko Project Headquarters (our home) has moved location, and our home phone number is now different. For those who'd like to have it, please send an email and Francine will gladly to share it with you. The old number is our parent's number and our new number is our old fax number, if you can follow that. Our Post Office Box is still the same for those needing to contact Francine by mail.
The Naturopathic Physician Magazine, Crusador Magazine, VacLibLetter, Health Freedom News, ICHF Magazine, Healthy Options (NZ) and others to be announced, will be featuring our story in upcoming or recent issues.
We fully intend to make 2002 a year for the books, folks. We're going to stir the pot, rattle the cage and do our part to raise awareness in all issues we've embraced. We do need people to help out with emails, data entry and possibly other tasks. Please let us know if you're interested in helping!
May 2002 bring all of us together and more focused on our goals,
No Matter What,
Alan and Francine Yurko
7) Yurko Update Feb/Mar 2002
• The New York Seminar/Fundraiser hosted by Long Island Vaccination Networking Group (L.I.V.I.N.G.) and led by Anne Attivissimo was a huge success. The first night of the event featured Anne Attivissimo as our emcee host. Harold Buttram, MD, FAAEM spoke on he and F. Edward Yazbak, MD, FAAP's report of our son's death "The Story of Baby Alan"; F. Edward Yazbak, MD, FAAP further reiterated the story and spoke on contraindications and autism; Susan E. Kreiter, RN, CPC, CNOp elevated the 100-plus person crowd's consciousness on mercury in vaccines and the 20,833% excess of "safe" mercury level in our son's vaccines; Ray Gallup, president of the remarkable Autism Autoimmunity Project elaborated on his organizations relentless and conflict-free endeavors in sponsoring proper scientific research; Gary Krasner, director of The Coalition For Informed Choice spoke on his organizations tireless efforts in legislative actions to preserve our freedom of choice in vaccination paradigms; and finally our own Francine Yurko touched the crowd with her up close and personal account of our tragedy and our transformation through struggle to help others and raise awareness.
The second day saw the amazing performances of Jonathan Geffner of Geffner Productions and singer/songwriter Janice Buckner. Carol Ziegler was there too from Discovery Toys featuring their equally delightful wares.
In addition to the awareness raised at the two-day event, Francine was interviewed by TV-CH.12 News that plugged a spot on the topic of vaccines and the death of our son, which ran hourly on the day before the event. She also interviewed live with legendary medical investigative radio-show host Gary Null, Ph.D.. As a result we received a call from a film maker there in NY who has made HBO film documentaries and has expressed interest in The Yurko Project's story.
Over $4,000.00 dollars was raised for our defence fund and a portion of those proceeds have been donated through care of Raymond Gallup's The Autism Autoimmunity Project to further support the research of Dr Andrew Wakefield.
Many people were instrumental in the success of this endeavor such as Roy B. Kupsinel, MD who helped with a mass mailing promotional campaign and those such as Suzanne Mendelssohn of Fundraising in the Public Interest for her guidance. The LIVING Board of Directors, Dr. Ric Statler, The International Council For Health Freedom, The National Health Federation, Natalie Pere and many many other persons and organizations helped promote and contribute to the success of the event. We are eternally grateful to all of you and to all those whom attended the event, which brought people from New Jersey, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Maryland, Pennsylvania and even Australia! Much love to you all.
• The success of the NY event has spawned the interest to put together a similar event here in Florida. If you are interested in such, please contact us and Roy B. Kupsinel, MD at RKupsinel@aol.com.
• A vaccine awareness group is starting in Florida. If you wish to join or become active please contact Donna Carrillo at Services4Health@aol.com or call 1-800-434-8388. The group will not be limited to Florida as it will encompass those in AL, MS, SC, LA, TX, GA. CONTACT DONNA IMMEDIATELY as we need another voice here in the south. Be part of the solution today!
• We will file the appeal brief on the 22 March 02. We will post the entire brief on our website for all to see. Dr Kalokerinos's mammoth report and Catherine Diodati's expert review should be posted by very soon as well and are most excellent resources.
Chair legal services in San Diego, California, are preparing a writ of amicus
curiae to be submitted
along with our post-vaccination appellate motion in mid-March of this year. According to Black's Law
Dictionary, amicus curiae is latin for 'friend of the court'. Amicus curiae is a person who is not party to the
lawsuit, but who petitions the court or is requested by the court to file a brief in the action because that
person has a strong interest in the subject matter. It is often referred to as 'amicus'.
briefs being submitted in our case are not a solicitation of innocence or guilt,
but merely to
educate the court of the evolving and complex medico-legal issues that encompass our case.
That's all for now...stay tuned!
No Matter What,
Alan and Francine Yurko
8) Appeal Filed -Now What?
The answer to this question has extremely complex legal answers. The appeal is a collateral attack on my judgement and the sentence and has various stages and branches it could grow. The appeal is filed with the trial court and not the District Court of Appeals (DCA). However, we can appeal any decision to the DCA. Oftentimes the trial court needs to be ordered by the DCA.
What we expect is to gain an "evidentiary hearing". That's the first step. At this hearing, I will be able to present experts and evidence. This means we will be needing to figure out how to fly and accommodate dozens of experts to/in Orlando. We will continue to raise money and if we don't, well...I happen to have an extra kidney for sale if anyone's interested? :-)
It is this evidentiary hearing where a judge will decide whether I'm awarded a new trial. The decision can be appealed.
How Long Till We Know?
Good question! I work in the prison law library and I see countless appeals filed like my own. Responses take from 3 to 6 to 9 to 12 to sometimes as long as 18 months. Crazy- I know, but that's just how it is. Our brief is exceptionally long and complex. Considering that death penalty appeals are limited to 75 pages and ours is over 100...it may be a long wait.
However, the arguments are solid and backed by precedent-setting case law. Soon our brief will be posted to our website for all to view. Those of you who read it will see that there are many issues that prove my innocence outside of the vaccine evidence.
For those of you saying "I want to help!" but not thinking they can -please let us know because we have tons of things that need done. We also welcome ideas and remember...I've got an extra kidney on the market! :-)
to all of you, no matter what,
Alan R. Yurko
The YURKO PROJECT
9) Yurko Update, June/July 2002
the appeal in the courts last March and posting it on the website at
http://www.freeyurko.bizland.com/trial1.html we have been caught in a whirlwind of action. If this is
your first Yurko-Project Update, you can view past updates on the website. Click on "Letters From Alan (updated often)".
growth of the project, several supporters have elected to help us send and receive
volumes of email by allowing me (Alan) to send to them, via the mail, several emails to be transcribed
and sent. This allows us to keep up more readily with communication and data. If you would be
interested in helping with this, please let us know.
Here are just a few notable events to let you know how things are going:
• We'd like to welcome Mohammed Al-Bayati, an eminent toxicologist/pathologist known for his work in anthrax vaccine damage and immunological disease causation, to the Yurko Project experts consortium. He will be taking on an estimated 200-hour record-review should all go as planned.
• 30-year-tenured hematologist/pathologist, Michael Innis, MB. BS. FRCPA, FRCPath, DTHM has completed his preliminary. He is also inventor of Medisets International, a computer diagnostic program. Dr. Innis is able to prove that our son had a coagulopathy (bleeding disorder) and much more. His report is available to view on our website.
• We are also contracting the record review of an eminent Professor of Pediatric Pathology abroad. Presently, we have three pediatric pathologists, a forensic pathologist, a forensic neuropathologist, five pathologists, a toxicologist, a hematologist, environmental medecinists, board certified pediatricians, vaccinologists, OB/GYNs and many more experts on our team, and growing stronger. Several of our experts are State University Medical School Professors with credentials out the yin-yang. Verily I say to you it looketh mighty good folks!
• Vaccine expert Catherine Diodati, MA, has finished her report on the case and it is now available on the website. Be sure to read this one as she addresses the ethics of vaccination, informed consent and educates the reader and the court in her record review.
• Our support list is well over the 1,000 persons mark with nearly 300 being doctors, scientists, court acceptable experts and medical/legal professionals. As well, we have over 75 organizations spanning four continents supporting our plight for resolution. Please check our online support list to make sure your name is on it and spelled correctly.
Roy Kupsinel, Harold Buttram and Robert Murdoch are spearheading fundraising
efforts with mailings and article submissions to various medical publications
and organizations. If you wish to become part of this team, as Peter Tocci of
Gemini Press and Associated Health Services has,
please do contact Dr. Kupsinel or us: RKupsinel@aol.com
website statistics tell us that over 197 referrers exist for our website. This
means that 197 hyperlinks in cyberspace exist on other websites which click
right to ours. As well,
www.freeyurko.bizland.com is averaging about 1500 hits per week and climbing. Our webmasters,
Lisa and A.A. Jillani have built an awesome site with tons of data. New case specific reports and
other tidbits will be added soon so do check in from time to time.
• Our UK Yurko Project coordinator, Michael Nield, also president of the UK chapter of Common Cause Medical Research Foundation and ME/CFS activist is doing a massive postal campaign to nearly 4000 British practitioners to raise support abroad. Ideas, suggestions and assistance? Email Michael at email@example.com
• Our outreach and assistance arm of Yurko Project is in overdrive. Not a week goes by where a family in similar straits doesn't contact us for our opinion and consultation. Several successful outcomes have resulted as such and we are proud as well as grateful that we are in a position to help educate and direct families to resources that their adversaries would rather them not have. Justice is not a right. It must be fought for, tooth and nail. Education is the key to empowerment.
Regush spotlighted our posted appeal on his major internet news site
http://www.RedFlagsWeekly.com As well, we're receiving mention in Canadian Reporter, Marnie Ko of Report News magazine's upcoming vaccine article (our Canadian brothers and sisters are really
bringing the vaxscene to new heights). VRANewsletter, Informed Choice (AVN), LifeSource (UK), To
Your Health, The Montauk Shopper News and several other publications including VacLib Letter, The
Idaho Observer and Synapse have featured Yurko Project articles of late.
•Free Alan Yurko T-shirts are back in stock in sizes L and XL! I find it somewhat strange that people actually buy something with my name on it and wear it, but we're grateful for it. If anyone would of told us at the inception of Yurko Project that we'd have people wearing Free Alan Yurko T-shirts here and abroad, we'd have laughed. To order, email: WERPAVE@yahoo.com. (They're cheap too! $12 in the US; $15 abroad!) Postage Paid!
• There have been three submissions of scientific articles to major medical journals by experts involved in our case in regards to our plight. One has been accepted for publication. We are not allowed to divulge further details, as publishing protocols are very strict in such peer-reviewed settings. However, stay tuned...
do not expect an initial ruling on the appeal until after Christmas; however,
it could happen tomorrow. Meanwhile, we are doing our best to prepare emotionally,
mentally, and financially. In actuality, the long grueling wait is an ambiguous blessing allowing us to
prepare and replenish strength.
• Yurko Project is looking for a laptop computer which will allow Francine to be able to work online in her many travels. Any ideas, bargains, used or even fixer-upper, scratch-n-dent leads are needed! Contact FRANSWRLD@aol.com
• Recent medical tests have revealed that Francine is highly allergic to milk/wheat/oak and virtually every grass in Florida. For those of you not familiar, vaccine reactions are correlated with those with allergies, especially milk and wheat.
firm of professional legal nurses led by Kathy Cadenhead, RN, CLNC whom specialize
in vaccine damage cases will be undertaking a record review to address the nursing
• Kathleen, our Yurko Project-Texas coordinator and operator of Yurkoproject1@aol.com; along with Marcia (YP-CA) Yurkoproject2@aol.com; Lorraine (YP-PA) Yurkoproject3@sunlink.net; Dr. Robert Murdoch (YP-FL) Yurkoproject4@yahoo.com; Karen (YP-UT) Yurkoproject5@yahoo.com and Michael Nield (YP-UK) Yurkoproject.firstname.lastname@example.org as well as others have done huge amounts of data entry, email sends, research and such. Because of them, we are able to take things to higher levels. If this interests you, please contact us.
We fully expect to overturn the conviction and present our evidence and experts. When that happens, things are really gonna heat up. We love and thank you all.
Alan and Francine Yurko
& The Yurkoproject Family
10) Yurko Update August/September 2002
It has been an event-filled two months with Alan's prison transfer, adversity, and blessings as well. Much gratitude to all who wrote, faxed, called or emailed authorities to express their concern and to those whom helped Alan with supplies during his segregation. We were overwhelmed with people's response and indeed, so was the prison(s). Several hundred various communications flooded the FL-DOC. Alan was released 5 days early and ambiguously, the prison he was transferred to is a much easier environment. Full Steam Ahead!
• Alan's new address is:
Alan R. Yurko X13917
Century Correctional Institution
400 Tedder Road
Century, FL 32535, USA.
FreeYurko Website has been given a facelift. Much thanks to Peter G. Tocci,
BA, MT and our tireless webmasters AJ and Lisa Jillani of PAVE.
known child abuse expert Howard Fishman, MSW, M.Ed has joined our rank and file.
He is part of the PA-Governor's Task Force on Child Abuse Prevention and specializes
in false allegations (inter alia).
several lawyers and doctors as well as families have contacted us to thank all
of you involved for the information and assistance we provide in that it was
integral in winning/resolving their case and preventing miscarriages of justice...
...as we stress to all, this is not just about our family.
supporter, Bill Winkler, will be running for The Senate in Delaware. Click here
to check out his platforms and stance on vaccine issues: <A
We support you Bill!
continues to do numerous radio programs. She did multiple shows with Joyce Riley
and David VonKleist's <A HREF="http://www.thepowerhour.com/">The
Power Hour</A> which rocked open the autopsy issues. Joyce and Dave arranged
then to have Francine flown to Connecticut for the Common Cause Medical Research
Foundation Conference where she addressed the delegation. Francine's oratorialship
is mesmerizing. She also appeared on <A HREF="http://www.godandcountryclub.com/">The
God and Country Club Show</A> with Pastor Rick Strawcutter.
half dozen or so various publications did articles on the case these last two
months to include Report Newsmagazine, The Idaho Observer, ICHF Magazine and
The Bolen Report.
Company, Glaxo-Smith-Kline, contributed 750,000.00(USD) to our legal defense
fund. (Yeah... right. Just kidding. :-) )
was forced to resign from her job at PetSmart due to health reasons. Her allergies
and chemical sensitivities were highly exacerbated and agonized due to the exposure
to an array of allergens and chemicals which literally put her on bedrest. She
has also contracted anosmia (lack of smell) and hypoguesia (loss of taste) as
well as serious sinusitis. She's currently seeking more compatible employment
while she heals.
Defense Conspiracy, Ltd. of Australia and led by Cary Ooi, MBBS has joined our
rank and file. MDC is a consortium of experts dedicated to exposing iatrogeny,
medical negligence and procuring justice. <A
Buttram, MD, FAAEM did a radio interview on the case and vaxscene last month
(9/11) with Dennis Courtney, MD out of Pittsburgh and has been invited back
for a follow-up interview. Bravo Dr. B!
Technical assistance? Comments? Suggestions? Email Alan via Kathleen (she posts
his emails daily) at <A
small homeschool camp in Southern England yielded £35 ($55) for the YurkoProject,
when Claudia combined her knowledge about vaccines with her knowledge of the
fine art of wild mushrooms and offered cotton bags with mushroom prints for
sale, the proceeds of which are going to the YurkoProject. Those who joined
the mushroom walks also learned much about the dangers of vaccines and Alan
Yurko. One mom said "I sooo hope he'll be free soon". It was a hope
that the whole camp unanimously agreed on.
many people have done kind and caring things for us and continue to help us
make a stand. We thank all of you for helping us make a stand and make a difference.
Alan & Francine Yurko
The YurkoProject Family and Supporters
Century Correctional Institution
400 Tedder Road
Century, FL 32535 - USA
Your Support is Greatly Appreciated. . .
Click Here to Donate
(Why reversing this conviction will help many people)
Problem with or question about this website: email@example.com